5 essential safety tips you should know
The spate of insecurity in the country calls for everyone to be alert and be security conscious. This feeling of insecurity can be addressed to some extent by exercising basic safety measures and by being vigilant. Here are valuable safety tips for your safety:
- Before leaving home, ensure a loved one or friend knows where you are going. If someone knows your whereabouts when visiting a friend or going shopping, they can check up on you to ensure you have arrived home safely. If anything occurs, these friends will know where to find you or where to start looking.
- If you are at a shopping mall, ATM or bank, remain alert of any suspicious individuals. Avoid dark and deserted ATMs, especially late at night.
- When driving, remember to ensure your doors are locked, windows wound down totally or half way and remain vigilant, especially when stopping at traffic lights.
- When arriving home, be on the lookout for any suspicious vehicles or people that might be lurking around your gate or front-door.
- Keep your phone close to you but out of sight. If it is not an emergency call or text message, try not to answer until you have safely arrived at your destination. Avoid anything that distracts your attention from the road.